Lehigh Valley: 610-435-7400

Philadelphia: 215-567-6616

What to Do if You Are Injured on Vacation

It can be your worst nightmare. You take that long-needed vacation, travel to a place where you can get some peace and quiet and get away from the hustle and bustle for a few days, only to suffer an injury because of someone else's carelessness. You may be hundreds or thousands of miles from home. What should you do to protect your interests, so that you can get full and fair compensation for all your losses? This blog identifies the steps you should take, both immediately after the accident, and as you need to seek reimbursement for your injuries. If you have sustained an injury while on vacation in southern Pennsylvania, the attorneys at Metzger & Kleiner can help. Contact our office by e-mail or call us at 215 622-2210 in Philadelphia, 610 563-2186 in the Lehigh Valley, or toll free at 800 228-1760 for a free initial consultation.

Immediately After Your Accident

The first and most important thing you need to do after your accident is get the medical care you need. If you are unable to move under your own power, don't try to be strong or be a hero. Let someone else call an ambulance if you need assistance getting to the hospital. If you are able to move under your own power, go immediately to the hospital or a clinic. You may have to ask police for directions to the nearest clinic, but you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. When you go to the clinic or hospital, make certain that you tell doctors or nurses about everything that hurts or seems unusual. Don't just focus on what you believe are the most significant injuries. Often, the most debilitating long-term injuries can seem minor at first. Make certain that the police are called and that they come to the scene of the accident. Ask for a copy of the police report, and get all personal information from anyone involved in the accident, as well as witnesses. If you are unable to gather the information because of your injury, ask the police officer or others to gather the information for you. If anyone has a camera, including one in a phone, have them take pictures of the scene of the accident, preferably before cars are moved.

Seeking Damages for Your Losses

If you need to take legal action to recover compensation, you will need to work with a lawyer who is licensed in the state in which you were injured. If you already work with an attorney, you may be able to have them represent you under special rules, or you may be able to get a referral from them to a lawyer who can handle your case. If you remain in your vacation spot for a few days after your accident, you can contact the local bar association to get a list of attorneys who can handle your case.

Contact Our Office

At Metzger & Kleiner, we provide a free initial consultation. To schedule an appointment with an experienced Philadelphia personal injury lawyer, contact us by e-mail or call our office at 215 622-2210 in Philadelphia, 610 563-2186 in the Lehigh Valley, or toll free at 800 228-1760. We take all personal injury claims on a contingency basis. We won't charge attorney fees unless we recover compensation for your losses. Se habla Espanol.

© 2024 Metzger & Kleiner All Rights Reserved. Site Map | Disclaimer | Allentown Car Accidents | Allentown Truck Accidents