Lehigh Valley: 610-435-7400

Philadelphia: 215-567-6616

What to Do If You’re in a Hit and Run Accident

Legal Information in Pennsylvania

Normally when you're in a car accident you exchange insurance information with the other driver. If you're hurt, the other driver will work to see to it that you receive the emergency care you need. What do you do, though, when you're injured and the other driver leaves? First, it is important to ensure that you and other injured parties receive needed medical care. A doctor can confirm whether or not medical care is needed, and can document any injuries. It is also important that you contact the police. Police officers will create an accident report number and produce a report that will further document the facts of your accident. It is also highly important that you contact an attorney. An attorney can:
  • Determine who is liable for damages and losses..
  • Conduct an investigation that may identify the party that fled the scene.
  • Determine the value of your claim.
  • Assess insurance coverage.
  • Negotiate and litigate for the highest-possible compensation for your injuries.
The personal injury attorneys of Metzger & Kleiner have handled hundreds of car and truck accidents in the Allentown and Philadelphia areas, including numerous cases involving hit and run. Our track record includes dozens of six- and seven-figure awards, including a recent $3.1 million award following a fatal car accident. Metzger & Kleiner has over 70 years of combined legal experience and our firm:
  • Operates two conveniently located offices.
  • Works exclusively on a contingency fee basis.
  • Offers no-charge consultations.
  • To contact us, call 1-800-228-1760.

© 2024 Metzger & Kleiner All Rights Reserved. Site Map | Disclaimer | Allentown Car Accidents | Allentown Truck Accidents